Welcome! We are the Sherwood Forest Elementary (SFE) Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The PTA is a partnership between parents and educators who strive to enhance student learning and enrich the lives of the students within the school. It is also a forum for parents to obtain knowledge and voice their opinions about what is happening in their school.
Your PTA membership helps support school activities and programs. Families and community members of SFE students are invited to join the PTA each year. Membership is not required to volunteer or attend any events or meetings, however, to vote at PTA meetings you must be a member.
Membership costs $16. Our goal is to reach 100% membership each year! We are an inclusive organization and want everyone to be involved. Families can sponsor a friend or teacher. Cost should not be a barrier to becoming a PTA member. Subsidized memberships are available and confidential, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love for you to join us! JOIN TODAY!
The SFE PTA supports our school with funds and volunteering in several ways:
- Grants to all teachers for classroom supplies
- Support for field trips and playground equipment
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation (year-long and special week in Spring)
- Assistance with picture day
- Assembly of school yearbook
- Assistance with Field Day
- Runs the art Reflections program
- Designs and sells Spiritwear
- Assistance with Scholastic Book Fair
- Organizes after school enrichment programs